Sunday, September 24, 2006

HAVE YOU SEEN MY CELLY?

On my last evening in Kumasi, Nuri-Haque and I were passing through the insanely busy market for the third time that day. We were heading from a taxi, through the busy marketplace, to the steep hillside that leads to his brother's house. On the way, I realized that I did not have my phone on me.

I had used it in the taxi, but after walking for about ten minutes, then searching my pockets numerous times, I realized that it was not there. Knowing that I had placed it in my pocket, I kept thinking back to one crowd that we had stood in waiting to cross the street. Standing there I had a bad feeling, and my intuition brought me to notice a young man that had been standing to my right. With people all around me and very close, that is the only time that it could have happened.

What's strange is that I had thought about writing out my numbers 'just in case' and that a theif would be disappointed that the phone was not more flashy earlier that day.

Since then, I, along with some friends of mine, have tried calling the phone. At first, it was turned off. A couple of people have called a had it ring and ring, with no answer. Even this morning, I called it on Layata's phone, and someone called back then hung up from my phone.

So, if you need to get in contact with me over the next few days, you will have to send an email. If you call and someone answers, find the words that will convict him/her to give it back (it is not like it is a razor or something, it is a baic Nokia!).

I am not worried about it, though I did lose a lot of phone numbers. It made me feel a bit sad because it was given to me by a friend of mine, so it has that sentimental value.

Through the whole situaiton, my main question, was "What is God drawing my attention to / away from?". Still don't have that answer, but I feel it coming!

In terms of a new phone, when I get one I will (God willing...give thanks that I have a friend who works at Areeba's head office), I will have the same number. And if you get a crank call from a 15 digit number, it wasn't me!

If anything, I hope they read some of the encouraging and inspirational text messages sent from various friends in my inbox.

Staying positive.

No comments: