Monday, March 19, 2007

WHAT'S IN THE NUMBERS?

The day after I was offered the position with JHR, I attended the 50th Anniversary Gala for the church of St. Andrews. Having got the news Friday afternoon, the 50th gala was my first chance to discuss to the possibility with my family, and most of my family was at the dinner.

They were excited for me, and it was looking like I would being going to Ghana.

Of the ten people hired to go to Ghana, I was the only one hired for 8 months. Everyone else had six months. Had that been my case, I might have left on January 16th, however, I was in Ghana until March 16th, ten days after the 50th Anniversary of Africa’s first nation to achieve independence from colonial rule.

I count myself as privileged to have been there as I am aware millions of people around the world would have loved to be there.

When I was leaving Ghana, I was heading to the UK, while President Kufor (Ghana’s President) in the middle of a visit at Buckingham Palace. He is one of two heads of state to be invited to the palace in 2007, and his visit coincided with mine.

The actual day that I arrived in London was St. Patrick’s Day, followed by UK’s Mother’s Day (or Mum’s Day) for my first trip in what is my families ‘mother country’.

I am also to be in the UK on the 200th Anniversary of when the abolition of the slave trade went from a bill to a law (March 25th, 1807). Note that, the law abolishing slavery (which occurred in July of 1807, known as Emancipation Day) was different than the law abolishing the slave trade.

Just a bunch of dates that go beyond coincidence and testify of divine orchestration.

2 comments:

Janey Llewellin said...

Score!

PS. That's also be what I'll be saying when I see you on the TT court... referring to Foreman of course.

Anonymous said...

Good post.