Monday, March 26, 2007

Good Morning,

Today, there are only a few days left until I am in Toronto. With some friends meeting me at the airport, and my family expecting my return, there is a tide of excitement pulling inside my heart.

The past year has been incredible. My vision for my life has been expanded. I see myself as a citizen of the globe that was born and raised in Canada, rather than a Canadian. Ghana has been home to me. So has BC, Scarborough, the beaches and Richmond Hill. I remember after a visit to New York at the age of thirteen, that the Big Apple would be my home in my professional career. As for where I will live, I see Canada as a base; however, I see myself traveling and working around the globe.

There is much more that can be said about the past year, but the main thought on my mind right now is focus. There are so many avenues and possibilities in every dimension of life, yet I have come to see the tremendous value in being focused (which is being able to say 'no' to a good idea), and to give your all to your destiny.

This particular day, it is quite sunny and much warmer than it has been. I plan to mostly relax today, and I will be going to help Cheryce get some groceries. In the evening I will be going back to Auntie Joanne and Uncle Tony, and heading to meet some more family near the southern coast. While there are numerous sights that I have not seen, I plan to just relax on Wednesday (though that is difficult for me to do - the allure of the city is strong).

So, "two more sleeps" until I'm back. While I'll be back, it's not to the same things. New and big ventures on the horizon.

All the best,
Chris

No comments: