Sunday, March 04, 2007

Ahhhhhh….finally some time to breathe. This week has been FULL. There was the Access to Justice conference this week (Monday to Wednesday), Kamau arriving the Sunday night (and arranging a ride for him from the airport), a short day trip to Cape Coast and returning to the castles, and a trip to Tamale and back which included 31 hours out of 55 hours on the bus!

The time in Tamale was short, but sweet. Going by Radio Justice and seeing a lot of my friends up there was surreal. Being in Tamale really felt great.

Kamau began to feel malarial symptoms on Friday, so that was a major concern. He’s doing well now though.

In the midst of it all, I am preparing to wrap-up at Radio Univers, getting ready for Ghana@50, and preparing myself to leave this country that has become home. It’s amazing how eight months turns to two weeks, and something that I had not thought I would do has now become a part of my experience.

Well, the time to breathe is up, as my time on the net is almost up.

I have lots to write, so look forward to that shortly!

1 comment:

QueenBea said...

I can only imagine how it must have been to spend time with a good friend from Toronto in such a beautiful, somewhat surreal part of the planet. I'll make it there one day.