Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A POEM

I have written a few poems over the past eight months, but I have not posted most of them. No real reason for that. I will put the ones that I have typed up over the next week or so.

As for this one, I wanted to give a friend a gift, but didn't know what I should get for her. I prayed about it, then this poem came to me. Once I read it, I could see that it applies

Woman of Faith

Woman of virtue,
Woman of faith,
Standing in the gap
Seeking His face.
Shaped in the attributes of the Holy Spirit –
Putting the word into practice, after you hear it.
Worshiping God in spirit and in truth,
Coming to know Him in the days of your youth.
Accepting correction,
Receiving reproof:
Good ground, like the parable,
Soil to bear fruit.
He has appointed your years,
And has counted each tear,
There’s a powerful purpose
In why you are here:
A Queen to be,
You are the daughter of the King of Kings.
You are a channel
For the healing that the living water brings.
May His touch be felt through your hands.
May the blessings in your life outnumber the sands.
May the vision of His will be made clear to you.
May you know that He is near to you,
That when you pray,
He is hearing you.
Let His love overflow in you,
Removing all fear from you.
Let His light make life clear to you.
He knows what you have need of,
He’s your provider –
May you declare in praise
‘Jehovah Jireh’.
He is your ever-present help,
Ensuring victory –
May you declare in praise,
‘Jehovah Nisse’.
May your giftings be unlocked, anointed and applied.
Wisdom is given to those who ask,
May you seek and grow wise.
He designed you specifically –
Chosen and special,
Set apart and protected,
To be used as a vessel.
To be honoured and cherished,
Your body is a temple –
A living testimony,
To set an example.
Standing in the gap,
Seeking His face:
A woman of virtue
A woman of faith.

No comments: