Thursday, March 22, 2007

Being in London is another blessing on what has been an amazing journey.

Thinking of having gone straight from Ghana to Toronto, and seeing how this time in England has allowed a tranistion period, I give thanks for being here!

The journey began with Mawulom meeting me at the airport and helping me to find my Uncle John. With Uncle John I got to see a lot of the countryside, including Cambridge. This week though, I have been staying with Auntie Joanne and Uncle Tony (as well as young Kerys). I mostly spend the morning and the evening with them, and I have been going around London with Mawulom during the days.

While I am doing well in adjusting to the cold (wearing zix layers, without exageration), I have not gone around London as much as I might have in summer. Even still, we walked quite a lot and have seen a number of sights. The Tower Bridge, the Princess Di Memorial, some museums, art galleries, and many major landmarks have been included in our touring. I saw London Bridge...it is really not impressive at all. I was saying, when I say it, 'this is thebridge that the song is about?'. They should call Tower Bridge London Bridge - it is by far more notable.

Still need to do the London Eye, the British Museum, and Big Ben (my Dad used to call me Little Ben because I would always remind of the time we were supposed to be home and how long we had left before we would be late). I also really want to see the southern coast and to sit in a pub with a plate of fish'n'chips and a mug of Guiness watching a football match with some rowdy fans.

For the weekend, I will see Mawulom off for her trip to New York, stay by Giles and Cynthia (more family that I will be meeting), then staying with Cheryce and Joseph (friends I know from TO) before coming back to my base out near Kenley.

Before I go, I have to say that Auntie Joanne and Uncle Tony have been so gracious to me. I could not ask for such hospitality. And Grandma - love you, stay strong, get better - we are praying for you!

No comments: