Wednesday, October 04, 2006

LET'S GO RAPTORS

You may be wondering this has to do with being in Tamale, well, 'don't watch that'.

In 5 days, The Raptors will begin their 2006-07 exhibtion season. On November 1st, the real season will commence. After years of drama: Isaiah Thomas, Vnice Carter, and one of the worst GM's that the NBA has seen, the Raptors (it seems) are entering a new era and are now reflecting the international future of the league in their roster. Not to say that they are going to have the Miami Heat worried, but it should be a very exciting season of change and growth.

Last year, I went to a few games and had an amazing time at each. I went with the youth at Driftwood a couple of times (I don't know how Julez ended up with a huge cardboard box full of popcorn), Joanne convinced me that the camera caught me doing some dumb dance on the big screen, and my Mom and I had more fun than I think we have had in years and years watching Chris Paul and the New Orleans Hornets take Toronto into double OT.














While I will be missing most of the regular season, I will be back (God willing) by April 1st. I plan to go to a couple of the last games and I am inviting anyone who wants to roll (we can make it a one-on-one catch -up or a field trip with a crew). Check the schedule below and holler at me! Note: this will be reposted in March, 2007!

Apr Opponent Time* Local TV National TV
Sun 1 Charlotte 6:00pm -- --
Tue 3 @ Miami 7:30pm -- --
Wed 4 @ Orlando 7:00pm -- --
Fri 6 @ Philadelphia 7:00pm -- --
Sun 8 Chicago 6:00pm -- --
Mon 9 @ Minnesota 8:00pm -- --
Fri 13 Detroit 7:00pm -- --
Sun 15 New York 6:00pm -- --
Tue 17 @ Detroit 7:30pm -- --
Wed 18 Philadelphia 7:00pm -- --

No comments: