Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hey From Tamale

When you haven’t seen a post in a few days it usually means two things:

  1. The obstacles in the way of getting to a computer with internet access are many.
  2. I am living life and building up many more stories.

This time, it was a bit of both – but moreso – it was number two!

Over the weekend I went from Tamale to Accra for the Jay-Z concert. I also had a number of tasks to take care of, some new family of some friends to meet, and a stop to make in Kumasi.

At this very moment, I can’t get into it all, but there is lots to tell. Not to leave out all the details, I will give some headings that I will be covering.

The bus trip to Accra (that was an ordeal).

Friday in Accra / Back at the Ackerson’s

Jay-Z: Live in Ghana!

An Unexpected JHR Meeting

Church Number Seven (I am getting tired of standing at the ‘first time visitor’ call out).

Yaw, Anokye, and Nana’s Grandma -- A Visit To New Russia

Idrissa’s B-Day: ‘Go Shorty, It’s Your Birthday’ (that song really came on in the car)

The Bus Trip To Kumasi: I Won’t Be Broken! (that was an ordeal).

Nuri-Haque aka Bush!

Getting Back To Tamale

Being A Journalist Can Be Dangerous: A Mob in Kumasi

The Bus Trip To Tamale (that was an ordeal).

Genesis and Lightning

JHR Update

Well, today it feels like Africa; what I mean is that the sun is hot!!! Yesterday I got a lot of sun on the back of my neck: the back of my neck is dark brown now, while the rest of me is ‘white and bright’. Being that we have been in the rainy season it has been relatively cool (which is still warm). It seems we are coming to the end of the rain clouds, and after a few more weeks of off-and-on rain storms, I think we are going to feel the sun in all of it’s glory.

Sorry to cut out so quickly, but I need to get to work and handle a whole load of things!

Talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

It Kofi from RTT. I was given your blog address from Fadina, and just reading it has been such an eye opener. I have never really paid attention to my the history of my Country. Seeing what your doing there is really something special. I have a cousin that is also interested in to getting into something like this, could you please email me so. I we see about how we can get him directed into something like this. Thanks
kofi.sereboe@fmr.com