Monday, July 24, 2006

JHR HOUSE INSIDE

Once we entered the door of the JHR house, we saw the place that we would be calling home for the next week; it would also be the place that we would have as a our base for experiencing Accra and being introduced to Ghana.

This is a short tour...















That is the living room where, if the walls could talk, I am sure you would hear thoughts, doubts, excitement and testimonies that the speakers may or may not want the world to hear. It definately seems to be a spot where people share and come to terms with where they are at in their lives.




















Once leaving the living room, you reach the stairs. I did not show the kitchen or the other rooms as I did not use any of those rooms. I guess it would have been interesting to see...kind of late for that now though.
















This is the bed that I stayed in. Notice the bags with things kind of scattered around...life living out of a suitcase. I had a few good rests there and I have been remembering my dreams when I wake up. A lot of them have been about Toronto.















This is one of the two bathrooms. The bucket was for bathing, as running water was not a part of the equation. We got by, but I really wanted to go and buy a mop and just clean the spot from top to bottom. No time to do that though with our very full schedules and my being shipped off to Tamale...Denis is the one who is going to be left with seeing that it gets done as the only one of us left in the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»