Monday, July 24, 2006

Being in Ghana for the two weeks I have been here have afforded me great personal growth. One of the primary reasons that I am here is because I know that God is bringing me to the next level of my life through this experience. There are things that I need to see, experience and overcome that this setting is providing. It feels right.

What I have included here are various photos of me doing different things...check it out!






















Here I am chilling on the steps of the JHR house talking on my celly. Gotta thank Joy for hooking up the phone that she used in France. It's funny, because this model is the most common phone in Ghana, most people have it. I was on the line back to TO and took the photo myself.















Here I am in the Ackerson kitchen having some tea (shouts to Melezia for linking me with her family). I love drinking my tea, but no one drinks mint tea here...please send me some...the Lipton Yellow Label is good though...still, I love my mint tea!


















At a training session in Accra...during this media orientation I got the presenter to speak about the soccer/futeball league in Ghana which starts later this month(a lot of the group was displeased, and the other part was not surprised...lol). While Tamale as one of the better teams, rowdy fans got the team a punishment of playing it's first three home games away...that means I have to wait twelve weeks for a home game! I'm buying season tickets though....can't wait!






















My first week, and I went outside to find someone. The excursion ended up in a conversation that was a couple of hours long. The result was about 20 mosquito bites. I don't know if you can see the shape of a cross with two a bit below my elbow and the four above. Oh, don't worry everyone, I have been taking my malaria meds (which, thankfully, have not produced the potential side effects of halucinations, visions, and vivid dreams).

















Here I am in Tamale on the back of a motorbike. There are a few forms of transportation here associated to class. Walking, Cargo trucks (people pile inside the back of them), Tro-Tro (you could call it a bus, just more packed, run down, privately owned), Bicycles (very common),Taxi's (used mostly for people going to work or in a rush to get somewhere), Motorbikes (shows that you are doing fairly well), and Cars (which are rare - especially the odd Beamer or SUV that you see). I have told the drivers that my family and friends would flip out if they saw me on the back of this motorbike with no helmet and traffic the way it is (and no, I don't just trust anyone to get on their bike). Anyway, I prefer taxi and walking.

No comments: