Friday, July 14, 2006

Going-Away BBQ

Here are some photos from my 'Going-Away BBQ'.

I want to say thank you to EVERYONE that came, EVERYONE that brought something, and EVERYONE who was unable to make it. The day was a blessed one, as it was the first Saturday of the season without heavy rain. It touched my heart to see so many people who were both happy for me and sad to see me go. I feel the same way; I am happy to be fufilling what I feel deeply as a step of purpose and growth, and it is hard because the people I know in Toronto are what keeps me there.

One little note of interest that I will expand on later is that I still didn't know how I was going to cover the cost of the plane ticket that day, but God is good and I know it was his will: 'Trust in the Lord thy God with thine whole heart' - I'm learning how!

P.S. IF YOU HAVE ANY BBQ PHOTOS, SEND THEM AND I CAN ADD THEM!




















Above: The Samuels here with Ayesha back from JA. I am a Penrose, but I also feel like a Samuels.














Roxine and Jenai (that might not be the spelling) chill on the deck.

















Left to right: Frankie gettin shown some love by Denice and Jenice (who, by the way, talks too much when it comes to dominoes). Note: Can you see Fatimah in the see behind the game having the time of her life?



















Roxine and Jenai in the hammock. I won't call all the names of those who busted the hammock later that night, I'll just call two of the four...Natalie and Crystal. Don't worry, we fixed it.



















Lincoln and Leshauna running the table. If you are one of those who got suckkered by Shauna, you know not to believe the cute face...she's a hustla!!!



















Above, Auntie Gloria and Auntie Janet hold down the back of the yard. I was happy to have plates of food for them, as much times as they have served me dinner!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heeeeyyyy....I didn't break the hammock, lol. It was all Natalie's doing ;). I was equally as happy to see you Chris. I came back just in time. Miss you and continue staying strong in God. God will definitely honour your obedience and humbleness.

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»